- Publisher: npx
- Product: TouchDAW (DAW Controller and MIDI Utilities)
- Version: 2.0.7
- Formats: APK
- Requirements: Android 4.0+
TouchDAW is a full-featured DAW controller plus some general purpose MIDI tools. It lets you remote control popular DAW software as known from standard hardware control surfaces.
Supports Cubase / Nuendo, Live, Logic, Pro Tools, Sonar, FL Studio, REAPER, Reason, Studio One, Samplitude, SAWStudio Digital Performer (7.2+), Vegas / Acid, Tracktion and Bitwig workstations. Standard functionality like mixer and transport operation will be accessible in other applications with basic control surface support as well. As of version 1.1 the app can also send MIDI Machine Control (MMC) in parallel with or alternatively to standard DAW control.
Besides control surface emulation, the app brings a number of general purpose MIDI controllers, such as a multitouch MIDI keyboard, multitouch launchpads, a MIDI mixer, configureable xy-controller pads and the possibility to link a phone’s sensors to MIDI controllers.
TouchDAW works with RTP or multicast MIDI over WiFi and is directly compatible with Apple’s Network MIDI implementation in Mac OS X, Tobias Erichsen’s rtpMIDI driver for Windows and ipMIDI (resp. multimidicast or qmidinet on Linux). There is no computer side server or protocol conversion software other than the driver required.
Class compliant MIDI interfaces are supported on devices with Usb host mode. Direct device to PC Usb connectivity is available both via the Android 6 MIDI Api as well as over tethered USB connections or ADB. A free driver, available from our website, is required for some of the proprietary solutions.
Whats new in TouchDAW v2.0.7
- Linear controls on customizable controllers support RPN & NRPN operation.
- NRPNs also assignable via the UI in MIDI mode on Mixer and DAW controller screens.
- Added a network interface selection prompt to MIDI port setup for devices with multiple active interfaces.
- Should properly handle Samsung’s extra (swlan) hotspot interface.
- Fixes channel block navigation issue with Ableton Live in arrange view on phone interface.