- Publisher: apulSoft
- Product: apShaper
- Version: 1.1.0 – R2R (Incl Keygen)
- Formats: VST2, VST3, AAX, AU
- Requirements: Mac OS X 10.7 or newer, Window Vista or newer
apShaper is harmonic distortion plugin analog modelled waveshaping deep modulation options.
apulSoft apShaper is an audio effect plugin to add harmonic distortion to audio signals. It combines a waveshaper with three filter bands and various modulation options – two lfos, a dynamics detector, and user-configurable knobs.
apShaper can simulate various types of distortion, including tape and tube saturation, wavefolding and analog bitcrushing.
The three filter bands come directly from apulSoft apQualizr2 and offer the same great quality without frequency squeezing at high frequencies. The included variable slope low-pass filter type allows smooth slopes not possible by traditional filtering – ideal to gently shape signals with large amounts of distortion applied.
DISTORTION WITHOUT DIGITAL ARTIFACTS
apShaper uses sophisticated algorithms to reduce the big problem of digital distortion – unwanted nonharmonic noise. It performs analog waveshaping using numerical integration. The distortion is applied to a continuous model of the audio signal. This reduces digital artifacts more than traditional oversampling could, especially if the transfer curve is not smooth (wavefolding/bitcrushing).
apShaper Main Features
- Five high-quality waveshaping engines: harmonic, tube, saturation, steps, wavefold.
- Extremely low aliasing.
- Four types of saturation soft-knee: tape, classic, distortion and hyper.
- The steps engine allows continous adjustments of the number of bits.
- The wavefold engine provides symmetrical and asymmetrical user-editable breakpoints.
- Three multi-type filter bands can be applied before and/or after waveshaping.
- The variable-slope low-pass filter type is ideal to use with harmonic distortion products.
- The direct channel can be independently filtered and dry/wet mixed with the shaped sound.
- Graphical editing of filter parameters on the spectrum display.
- Zoomable frequency spectrum and waveform displays.
- Built-in input/output meters and gain and a dc offset removal filter.
- Modulation system with up to 16 modulation rules with independent gains.
- Internal modulation sources: two LFOs, a dynamics detector and two user-definable knobs.
- Midi input using the modulation system.
- A low processing latency of 7 samples allows real-time performance.
- Unlimited undo/redo for all actions.
- Plugin formats: AudioUnits/AAX/VST/VST3 for 32-bit and 64-bit hosts on Mac OS X and Windows
- Built-in system-wide preset management with import and export of preset files, compatible across platforms and hosts using a human-readable xml file format.
- Bright & dark color schemes and support for user defined color schemes.