- Publisher: Audio Damage
- Product: AD048 PhaseThree
- Version: 3.1.0
- Formats: VST/VST3/AAX/AU
- Bit Depth: 64-bit
- Requirements: Windows 8.1/macOS 10.12 or newer/Ubuntu 18 or newer
PhaseThree is a detailed model of the MuTron Bi-Phase, with all the lovely sound of that unit (along with its foibles and quirks.) It is worth noting that, due to aging factors, no two Bi-Phase hardware units sound alike; we found the best and most tuneful one we could lay our hands on, bought it for a faintly ridiculous price, and took it apart to see what made it tick. Like you do.
The result is a painstaking digital copy of the original unit, down to the unique sweep of its LFOs. With the latest version, we have departed from the original and added 12-stage phasors in addition to the six-stage versions found in the hardware units. (We feel that 12-stage phasors have a more modern sound that people expect in a current phasor, and that the six-stage versions in the original were somewhat lacking to the modern palette.)
AD048 PhaseThree Features
- Perfect model of the original Bi-Phase, down to the response of the vactrols.
- The unobtanium Bi-Phase expression pedal is modeled as a separate parameter, for control by your favorite modulation source.
- 12-stage phasor option for each channel, in addition to the original 6-stage phasors.
- XML-based cross-platform preset manager, with copy and paste. (You can even move presets between the iOS version and the desktop version with Handoff.)
- Entirely vector-based resizable high-resolution user interface.