- Publisher: Baby Audio
- Product: I Heart NY
- Version: 1.1.0-FLARE
- Formats: VST, VST3, AU, AAX
- Requirements: Mac OS 10.7 and up including Catalina and Big Sur. PC Windows 7 and up
I Heart NY duplicates your audio and treats it with heavy compression, EQ and a bunch of non-linear magic. It offers a dead-easy and addictively gratifying way of adding presence and weight to your tracks.
A small solution for a big sound.
In the 1990s people began talking about a certain ‘New York sound’, pioneered by some of the big-name mixers in the city. The NY sound was heavyweight and powerful, yet dynamic and defined.
It took us a lot of research to find out exactly how they did it. (There’s more to it than simple parallel compression). When we finally had it right, we put our findings into the simplest plugin we could imagine. And with that BABY Audio was born.
Since the release of I Heart NY, we’ve developed Parallel Aggressor, a big brother built on the same principle — but with an added saturation engine and even more features.
I Heart NY Features.
- Parallel bus hosted inside the plugin for an ultra-simple workflow
- Purpose-designed compression algorithm with an addictive punch
- EQ-curve and adaptive side-chain filtering under the hood for extra tone-shaping
- Can be used as a normal insert compressor by engaging the ‘solo’ button
Under the hood.
The ‘Spank’ knob may look basic on the surface. But it controls a complex algorithm developed to fire-up whatever you throw at it. ‘Spank’ offers a mix of punchy, yet transparent, high-ratio compression, a bit of EQ and an adaptive low-end preservation filter for extra fullness. The signal flow has been designed to add its own unique flavor to your tracks, bringing together qualities from both analog and digital compressors. Whether you want to recreate the thunderous drum sound of 1990s rock bangers – a ‘NYC Compression’ favorite! – or bring your pop vocals all the way to the front, the ‘Spank’ knob has got you covered.