- Publisher: Baby Audio
- Product: Super VHS
- Version: 1.1.1-FLARE
- Formats: VST, VST3, AU, AAX
- Requirements: Mac OS 10.7 and up including Catalina and Big Sur. PC Windows 7 and up
Meet a complex algorithm with eight simple knobs. We named it ‘Super’ for its powers and ‘VHS’ for its sound.
A ‘lofi flavor’ beast.
As kids of the 80s we have always been drawn to the sound of slightly out-of-tune synths, warm tape saturation, gritty samples and grainy reverbs. So we set out on a mission to capture the lofi spirit of our favorite decade — and bring it into a new decade.
super vhs Features.
Six unique ‘one-knob’ effects inspired by the VHS-era.
- STATIC — Static noise generated by an internal synthesizer
- HEAT — ‘Analog tape’ saturator, inspired by consumer-grade tape machines
- SHAPE — Sample rate reducer inspired by 1980s 8-bit samplers
- MAGIC — Widening FX inspired by the Juno chorus, but darker and deeper
- DRIFT — Pitch fluctuation LFO for unpredictable time and pitch shifting
- WASH — ‘Bad hall’ reverb inspired by budget friendly 1980s rack units
Rewind to the VHS-Era.
We wanted this plugin to be like sending your sounds back in time, then re-discovering them on a worn-out VHS tape 30 years later. All with the click of a single button, right inside your DAW.
The result is six unique effects coming together in a versatile channel strip. Super VHS will add some lo-fi authenticity to whatever clean sound you run through it — especially as you mix and match the effects. Each effect has just a single control, but multiple parameters under the hood, allowing for a wide range of results.