- Publisher: DDMF
- Product: Plugindoctor
- Version: 1.4.1
- Format: VST
- Operating System: Windows
DDMF Plugindoctor is a cross-platform and cross-bitformat VST (Virtual Studio Technology) plugin analyzer for Windows. Plugindoctor runs as a VST plugin. Plugindoctor VST plugin analyzer can be used with all major digital audio workstations (DAW) including Ableton Live, Logic Pro, Cubase, Pro Tools, and others.
If you’ve been trying to find an all-encompassing plugin analyzer, this is it
DDMF’s Plugindoctor fills a longstanding gap within the market: a cross-platform and cross-bitformat plugin analyzer for VST and AU plugins. Whether you’re a plugin developer yourself who wants to thoroughly test the audio quality of your latest and greatest product or an influence user who wants to know in additional detail what exactly a selected plugin is doing to your precious audio material, Plugindoctor will assist you to find out!
- Highest quality, double precision FFT engine, independent stereo channel analysis
- Linear analysis: magnitude and phase response using delta or random input
- Harmonic analysis: highly accurate frequency response analysis to a sinusoidal input. Input strength and frequency are often varied for THD/THD+N calculation. Switchable intermodular distortion modus. Sweep function for fundamental and THD response.
- Oscilloscope: watch what happens to a sinusoidal input in real-time.
- Dynamics: use a ramping signal to check compression or expansion, or an attack-release signal to see your compressor’s attack and decay curves.
- Performance: what percentage milliseconds are really spent in your plugin’s audio processing callback (as a function of buffer size)
- Ability to load two plugins in parallel for the simultaneous analysis
- Freely resizable interface
- Three quality settings, like three different FFT buffer sizes
- Storage option of curves in Linear and Fourier analysis mode for straightforward comparison of settings or of various plugins
- Built-in screenshot function
- Comes as a 32 and a 64 bit executable
- Can load VST and (on Mac) AU effect plugins