- Publisher: FXpansion
- Product: BFD3
- Version: 22.214.171.124
- Format: VSTi, AAX
- Operating System: Windows 10
- Bit depth: 32-bit or 64-bit
FXpansion BFD3 is an acoustic drum studio VST (Virtual Studio Technology) plugin for Windows. BFD3 runs as a VSTi and AXX plugin. BFD3 VST plugin can be used with all major digital audio workstations (DAW) including Live, Logic, Cubase, Pro Tools, and others.
BFD3 is that the third generation of FXpansion’s flagship software acoustic drum studio: new levels of realism and ground-breaking features in an intuitive redesigned engine.
With stunning new kits, mix-ready presets, and modelling technology for tom resonance and cymbal swells, BFD3 delivers uncompromising detail. The revamped interface features a new mixer and sound browser for the simplest BFD experience yet.
The all-new BFD3 library is meant to supply a various range of drum sounds out of the box. Recorded by engineers including Andrew Scheps, Rail Jon Rogut, and John Emrich, it features brush and mallet sounds and is recorded in 2 rooms for various room ambience.
BFD3 also contains a strong built-in environment for pattern creation and editing, complete with a variety of performances by legendary drummers for effortless production of drum tracks indistinguishable from the important thing.
FXpansion BFD3 Highlights
- 7 new kits recorded in 2 locations
- Dedicated rock, metal, jazz and brush kits
- More detail in less disc space
- Tom resonance/cymbal swell modelling
- Streamlined new browser and workflow
- Faster, the more efficient audio engine
- Extendable interface for larger screens
- New effects including algorithmic reverb and DCAM EnvShaper
- Wide range of mix-ready presets
- Fully editable, improved groove engine
- Rudiments tool for creating grooves
- Grooves by Steve Ferrone, Brooks Wackerman, Bobby Jarzombek, Peter Erskine & Stanton Moore courtesy of Platinum Samples
- VST, AU, and AAX plugin formats & standalone version