- Publisher: General Vibes
- Product: VectorSector
- Version: 18.104.22.168-R2R
- Formats: VST
- Requirements: Windows 10 x64
VectorSector accurately recreates the sound of the Sequential Prophet VS, the classic and sought-after wavetable synth from the mid-80s. It includes reconstructed versions of the original factory presets utilizing mathematically derived waveforms, and adds several enhancements such as variable polyphony (up to 16 voices), expanded control ranges, and additional modulation routings.
- 4 oscillators (A/B/C/D) per synth voice.
- Each oscillator selects one of 126 waveforms or white noise.
- 4-pole (24 dB/octave) lowpass filter with resonance.
- Up to 16 voice polyphony.
- 4-segment envelopes controlling mix/filter/amplifier with multi-mode loop/repeat.
- 2 LFOs per voice with 6 wave shapes.
- Modulation matrix with global and per-voice sources, scaling and multiple destinations per source.
- 100 presets.
- Latest User
Before the big wave, Santa brought you some nice retro toys. Some are never released before, some are fixed or optimized for latest Windows OS, some are strongly protected.
Since you have much faster computer than 20 years ago, try running those legacy under higher sampling rate (96kHz or above) and rediscover your hidden gems (if plugin supports that rate), the difference is like night and day.
We tested our release under latest build of Windows 10 x64. Some legacy use depricated function from old VSTSDK. If you can’t get working correctly in your hosts, try wrapper or bridge like PatchWork, MetaPlugin, jBridge etc. MetaPlugin also have oversampling option to run those legacy in higher sampling rate.
MERRY XMAS and HAVE FUN!
VectorSector is highly reputed from some maniacs but never released for more than 15 years.
VectorSector was developed by company founder Joshua Jeffe, who wrote the original VS firmware while at Sequential and coined the term VectorR2R
Synthesis. Other products he has designed over the years include the E-mu
Proteus/1 sound module and Antares Filter plugin.