- Publisher: GetGood Drums
- Product: Smash and Grab
- Version: 2.0.0-R2R
- Formats: VST, AAX
- Requirements: Windows (32/64-bit)
Compression is an extremely important element to all areas of a modern mix, but none more so than drums. Too little, and your drums will lack attack and weight. Too much, and your drums will sound small and lackluster. Being how passionate we are about drums we wanted to find a solution to help beginners and professionals alike improve their work flow, and get great results every time. We present to you, Smash and Grab.
- NEW Pro mode giving full access to two world-class compressors
- 12 specialized styles of compression
- Use the grab compressor to add attack and impact
- Use the smash compressor for weight and size
- Built-in pre and post EQ sections to improve workflow
- Stop the guesswork with the powerful ‘drum type’ knob with hundreds of optimizations all happening under the hood
- Built-in saturation to help shape and add character to your drums
Stop scrolling through your plug-ins endlessly trying to find the right compressor, and let your creativity flow with Smash and Grab.
SMASH AND GRAB 2.0 FEATURES
Smash is based on several FET style compressors. This side of the compressor helps to give your drums length, weight and size. Perfect for snares, rooms, and your parallel bus.
Grab is based on several VCA style compressors. This side of the compressor helps to give your drums impact, and attack. Great for shaping kicks, toms and controlling overheads.
The drum type knob is a very simple yet powerful control. Each drum is optimized for it’s particular style, taking the headache out of finding the right settings, compressor, EQ points and more!
The beef control is a pre-compressor EQ, used to add a little more weight to your drums. The EQ points change in relation to the drum type selected.
The air control is a post-compressor EQ, used to add clarity and sheen. The EQ points change in relation to the drum type selected.
The saturation control is extremely versatile, allowing for soft clipping, to pure distortion. Great for shaping your drums, and helping them cut through the mix.