- Publisher: IK Multimedia
- Product: AmpliTube 5
- Version: 5.01 – XORAX
- Formats: VST2/VST3
- Requirements: Windows 7 or later
IK Multimedia’s AmpliTube software has forged a formidable reputation over the years for offering a comprehensive array of digital tone-tweaking tools, but AmpliTube 5 promises to eclipse its predecessors with with a newly designed GUI that is fully scalable and supports Retina displays, an enhanced user experience, and more gear. A lot more gear.
All in, there are 129 new models, making for a total of over 400 gear models in the AmpliTube 5 MAX version, plus cabinet section that has been retooled using IK Multimedia’s new Volumetric Impulse Response (VIR) technology, improving power amp/speaker cab interactions for more authentic tone and feel.
The VIR tech was developed by measuring 600 IRs per speaker of every existing and new cabinet model, making for 143,000 IRs in total, allowing for a three-dimensional grid interface for mic placement. You can also now import and load your own IRs.
Also new to AmpliTube 5, we’ve got an expanded, fully configurable signal chain that allows you to deploy a wet-dry-wet configuration and experiment with more complicated setups – series and parallel routing? Fill your boots.
Altogether, the signal chain can accommodate up to 57 simultaneous models of stomps, racks, amps and cabs.
To help you make sense of all this sonically and get the most out of the 8-track DAW, there is a newly designed mixer in the studio section. Here, you can put the finishing touch to your tracks.
Blend cab and mic sounds, add the DI signal and use its panning, levels, busses, levels and 19 onboard effects – some culled from T-RackS 5 – to add some pro-studio sheen.
Elsewhere, the AmpliTube Custom Shop has been redesigned, and the software is designed to work seamlessly with IK Multimedia’s AXE I/O and AXE I/O Solo interfaces.
AmpliTube 5 Specs
- Fully redesigned Graphical User Interface
- Re-sizable display
- New VIR™ Volumetric Impulse Response cabinet engine
- Up to 2,400 impulse responses per cabinet
- New impulse response loader
- Fully redesigned power amps section with new impedance matching
- Improved chains with custom routing options
- Expanded rig with up to 57 simultaneous FX
- Over 400 gear models
- New effects derived from T-RackS
- Industry-standard sound with DSM™ (Dynamic Saturation Modeling) and VRM™ (Volumetric Response Modeling) technologies for Hyper-Realistic emulation of real world gear and the best sounding models
- Dynamic Response Modeling provides real amp response and feel — models dynamic relationship and interaction between power amp and speakers, plus physical and harmonic interaction between individual speakers, cabinet and room construction and mics
- Perfect as a plug-in for studio recording and mixing in any Mac/Win DAW, native compatibility with 64-bit applications and operating systems
- Also perfect for live performance thanks to the standalone version with instant preset switching via MIDI control
- Highest supported Sampling Rate: 96 kHz
- DAW automation and BPM synchronization
- Two movable microphones allow you to mic the cabinet exactly like in real world studio and live environment
- Replace individual speakers in cabinets (12” speaker models)
- 31 individual speaker models available with more added to Custom Shop
- Stereo signal path makes it suitable for any type of instrument including drums, keyboards, vocals and more
- Massive database of presets with multiple guitar and bass oriented tags and keywords, advanced search function and more
- Perfect integration with IK’s range of audio interfaces and controllers such as iRig AXE I/O, iRig Stomp I/O, iRig HD, iRig Pro, iRig 2 allows for instant recording and performing in the studio or on stage with full programming at the software level
- 8-track built-in multitrack recorder and DAW enables you to quickly capture ideas or even record a full 8-track composition in the standalone application without the need to open a DAW and with the convenience of AmpliTube superior quality audio processing
- Multi-Track Looper for capturing and layering ideas quickly and easily
- Export loops to hard drive and import into the DAW section, import audio to track 1 in looper for playing over backing track loop
- Imports any Wav, Aiff, sd2, Apple Caf, Flac, MP3 audio file (Standalone version)
- SpeedTrainer for speeding up/slowing down imported tracks without affecting the pitch – the perfect tool for practicing and improving your instrument skills or learning your favorite riffs and solos (standalone version)
- Expandable via the new redesign built-in AmpliTube Custom Shop feature with gear from the world’s top manufacturers and artists
- Universal upgrade is available to anyone and any previous version of AmpliTube — Restore gear from previous purchases via the Custom Shop