- Publisher: Inphonik
- Product: RYM2612 Iconic FM Synthesizer
- Version: 1.0.5-FANTASTiC
- Formats: VST, AU, AAX
- Requirements: Windows (Vista and higher), macOS (10.7 and higher)
RYM2612 is a software FM synthesizer in VST, Audio Unit, AAX and Rack Extension formats. It’s an emulation of the Yamaha YM2612 sound chip, best known for being the vibrant voice of the Sega Genesis/Megadrive videogame console. More than a simple sound-alike, the emulation is cycle-accurate to the original chip, that allows reproducing every unique possibility of the synth. On top of this, the amp circuitry of the console has been reproduced too, in order to obtain the same grain you’d get if you plugged the real hardware into your DAW.
Feel the FM vibe for your retro and modern needs, with a lively and authentic tone, taking the RYM2612 Iconic FM Synthesizer as a bonus weapon in your synth arsenal.
RYM2612 Iconic FM Synthesizer Features
- Cycle-accurate emulation of the YM2612 FM soundchip
- Genuinely reproduces the unique and characteristic sound of its hardware counterpart (digital saturation, huge feedback amount, natural distortion, …)
- Audio input for adding 8-bit PCM sweetness to any signal
- Low CPU usage
- Switchable output filtering and ladder effect
- A couple of limitations from the soundchip have been taken away : up to 16 voices of polyphony, dedicated PCM channel (you can of course stick to 6 simultaneous voices if you want to experience the real thing)
- 100+ various, sorted, evocative patches to start with
The 16-bit legacy
Not many people were aware of this, but unlike other videogame consoles, the Sega Genesis/Megadrive had a complete FM synth onboard. The Yamaha YM2612 provided enough features to produce complex, evolving tones, as well as crazy sound effects and PCM samples playback. This is your chance to get your hands on this altered beast, combined with the rich control and modulation possibilities offered by your modern DAW.