- Publisher: Sonic Cat Inc. (a.k.a. Luxonix)
- Product: Purity
- Version: 1.2.5
- Format: VST, AU
- Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger or higher
PURITY is a next generation of digital musical instrument workstation and PCM sound module software. PURITY is designed to realize and surpass the hardware musical instrument workstation perfectly on computer-based music production environments offering higher sound quality and more usability.
ENTER THE NEXT GENERATION
PCM Sound Module / ROMpler software
16-part multi-instrument with GM Support
- channel link function allows to layer sound patches
- key/velocity range for splitting sound zone
- General MIDI normal/rhythm sound and control support
- 2 modes well-designed for each channel purpose – Melody/Drum
- realtime audio level meters
- priority mode for arranging patches
- 2 stereo output buses – main/sub
- 2 stereo send-return effect buses – chorus/reverb
- channel copy/paste/swap function
- up to 1024-voice global polyphony (64 per channel)
Integrated Pattern Sequencer
- innovative structure for melody and drum
- up to 64 steps with 5 lanes
- rate time option with triplet
- swing option to vary time rate
- latch function for background pattern
Come to the Front
PURITY provides rich sound sources to create professional music of any kind and any purpose. PURITY is based on well-sampled PCM wave data including a lot of sound of hardware workstations, sound modules, drum machines, vintage analog synths and even modern digital synths. Moreover, PURITY comes with over 1,300 ready-to-use sound presets that are most popular in each era of the electronic music. The integrated sequencer and the sequenced patches inspire your musical potential.
Purity can blend up to 16 sound sources, and can make various, beautiful and powerful sounds. It can edit independently each source and can mix each volume and pan.
Very Low CPU Load & RAM Usage
Forget Everything but Music
PURITY makes you concentrate on your music without being annoyed about anything not related to music. Thanks to NAVIv2 engine and FOEM+, PURITY keeps the fame of the best software instrument with the lowest and most efficient CPU load and RAM usage. PURITY will be the one of your best musical tools which can effectively express the musical idea and feeling that you have.
Super-fast Preset Browser & Integrated Pattern Sequencer
- Fast patch change on-the-fly during live performance
- About 1,500 factory sound presets
- Over 200 phrases and loops included
- 9-color patch recognition
- Computer keyboard full support
- Innovative structure for melody and drum
- Up to 64 steps with 5 lanes
- Rate time option with triplet
- Swing option to vary time rate
- Latch function for background pattern
All in One!
Purity provides rich sound sources to create professional music of any kind and any purpose. Purity is based on well-sampled PCM wave data including a lot of sound of hardware workstations, sound modules, drum machines, vintage analog synths and even modern digital synths. Moreover, Purity comes with about 1,500 ready-to-use sound presets that are most popular in each era of the electronic music. The integrated sequencer and the sequenced patches inspire your musical potential.
The included effects sound pretty good, but they could use a few more controls, depending on which effect you choose. They designed them so they will each fit within the same space on the GUI, and there are just three controls for each. For example, having three of them is great for the basic 3-band EQ, but it would be much better if the reverb had more choices to sculpt its sound.
Another improvement I’d like to see is in the amount of outputs. You are able to assign each channel to one of the four outputs; two for the Main output, and two for the Sub output. This is a decent amount, but I’d prefer a total of 16 separate audio outs to have the most flexibility in my DAW.
I like the workstation approach they have setup within Purity, and the sound quality is kicked up a notch from the original Ravity plugin. Some of the samples could have been produced a little better, but many of them sound great, especially for the file size. This also translates to quick loading times for the presets, and the CPU usage is low.
Purity is priced at $49 USD. They do state on their website to try the demo and make sure it works with your system. Also, the site mentions that there are no refunds, so I would follow their advice.
It is definitely priced right, and many of the presets sound very good. It’s tough to beat such a large variety of sounds and effects all contained in an easy to use sixteen-part workstation.Review by SoundBytesMag