- Publisher: PreSonus
- Product: Channel Strip Collection
- Version: 1.0.8 – R2R
- Formats: VST, VST3, AAX, AU
- System requirements: Windows 10 x64 and macOS 10.13 or higher (64-bit only)
Pepper your tracks with a tasteful dash of PreSonus flavor via these two State Space modeled plug-ins recreated from classic PreSonus hardware channel strips, available in Studio One® Native Effects, VST3, AU, and AAX formats for use in your DAW of choice.
The RC 500 is modeled from the PreSonus RC 500 FET Channel Strip; VT1 is modeled from a PreSonus classic tube channel strip.
When the engineer who designed the original analog circuits can get together for drinks with the master of State Space Modeling, the resulting plug-in sounds so true to the original that even the designer of the analog hardware can’t tell the difference.
The VT1’s input stage offers an uncommon complement of tone-sculpting options and is great for making a particular track shine from inside your mix; the tube-modeled input section can be dialed up for boosted warmth and color, and the six impedance options allow for some nuanced filtering—lower settings are darker. The four-band EQ allows for serious filtering.
PreSonus Channel Strip Collection Features
- Available in Native Effects, VST3, AU, and AAX formats for use in your DAW of choice
- Compatible with Studio One 2.6.5 and higher. Prime, Artist and Professional
- Pepper your tracks with a tasteful dash of PreSonus flavor via these two State Space modeled plug-ins of classic PreSonus hardware channel strips:
- VT1: Tube channel strip with FET compressor and 4-band EQ modeled from a PreSonus classic design
- RC 500: Solid-state channel strip with FET compressor and 3-band EQ model from the original RC 500 hardware
- Easy installation, authorization, and updates from PreSonus Hub plug-in manager application
The RC 500, on the other hand, is here to get the job done as quickly and efficiently as possible without calling attention to itself.
That fixed 3:1 compression ratio and 3-band EQ removes a significant amount of guesswork, and since it’s modeled on a Class-A solid-state preamp, don’t expect any tube overdrive, here.
In short, if you want a lot of control and deliberate, surgical tone-shaping added to your tracks, pick the VT-1. If you need some signal processing quick, easy, and transparent, choose the RC 500.