- Publisher: PreSonus
- Product: Fat Channel Collection – Vol. 1
- Version: 1.0.2 – R2R
- A VST3, AudioUnit or AAX compatible host application (requires separately purchased Fat Channel XT)
- Studio One 3 Artist or Professional (Versions 3.5.6 or higher)
Once again, PreSonus® StudioLive® brings together the worlds of the recording studio and live sound in ways the competition cannot match.
Thanks to the unique interoperability between PreSonus hardware and software, you can add up to 12 new hybrid Fat Channel EQ and compressor plug-ins to both StudioLive Series III mixers and Studio One®’s Fat Channel XT. All are state-modeled to accurately produce the sound and response of the original hardware processors.
Fat Channel Collection – Vol. 1 Features
- Compatible with VST3, AudioUnit and AAX compatible host applications (requires Fat Channel XT)
- Compatible with Studio One Artist and Professional (Versions 3.5.6 and higher)
- Compatible with Studio One Prime with separately purchased Fat Channel XT (Versions 3.5.6 and higher)
- Also Compatible with StudioLive Series III Console and Rack Mixers
- Includes 5 EQs and 6 compressors
- (listed in the main description)
- Functions as additional Comp/EQ models in the Fat Channel XT Plugin in Studio One and compatible host applications
- Functions as additional Comp/EQ models in the Fat Channel processing section of StudioLive Series III Mixers
- Compatible Mixer Models:
- StudioLive 16 Series III
- StudioLive 24 Series III
- StudioLive 32 Series III
- StudioLive 16R
- StudioLive 24R
- StudioLive 32R
The following plug-ins are included in Fat Channel Collection – Vol. 1:
This EQ offers the world’s most popular EQ curve. Using gently sweeping treble and bass EQ shelves, it allows you to make subtle, yet effective, changes over wide swaths of the frequency spectrum.
Comp 160 Compressor
With simple controls, yet capable of extreme compression traits, the Comp 160 provides VCA character with a personality all its own. Try it on drums—you’ll be glad you did!
Everest C100A Compressor
Based on a classic design focused on gentle, natural-sounding gain reduction, the Everest C100A helps control dynamics while still letting the signal breathe.
The smooth character of this compressor allows you to create transparent or extreme color changes to your audio, making it a workhorse for just about any application.
Vintage 3-band EQ
With its distinct filter shaping, sheen, and bite, this three-band active EQ includes both high and low shelving filters, providing enhanced tone-shaping possibilities.
The Tube CB Compressor
In general, the response time of optical compressors tends to soften the attack and release, which can smooth out uneven volume fluctuations. Emulating an all-tube, optical design, the Tube CB compressor delivers musicality, preserving the clarity of the signal even at the most extreme settings.
The Tube EQ
The Tube EQ is based on a passive, all-tube design for ultra-smooth and musical equalization, making it ideal for any midrange source material.
This model of an iconic compressor/limiter of the 1950s imparts an unmistakable silky warmth on just about any signal.
Capturing the unique sound of a twin VCA gain-reduction amplifier design, the Brit Comp is ideal for taming piano dynamics or adding punch to drums and percussion.
The 1960s-vintage EQ provides consistent, repeatable equalization using three overlapping bands, divided into seven fixed frequency points, each with five steps of boost or cut. Its selectable peaking or shelving filters for the high and low band, along with an independently insertable bandpass filter, provide an easy path to creating acoustically superior equalization.
Solar 69 EQ
The sound of classic British EQ is absolutely legendary and has enhanced many a great recording. Emulating this classic British design, the Solar 69 EQ adds definition to kick drums, shapes electric guitars, and adds shimmer to acoustic guitars and vocals without sacrificing body.