- Publisher: Softube
- Product: Harmonics Analog Saturation Processor
- Version: 2.5.9-R2R
- Formats: VST, VST3
- Requirements: Windows 64-bit, versions 7, 8 or 10
Did you ever try to give a track attitude by adding distortion, but then wind up with a washed out, lifeless sound instead? Harmonics, with its never-before-heard approach to dynamics in distortion, is the answer.
- Five component-modelled distortion sounds
- Revolutionary ‘Dynamic Transient Control’ technology
- Presets by Grammy winners Joe Chiccarelli and Howard Willing
The only plug-in to track incoming dynamics and allow the user total control over their application in the output signal, Harmonics is a giant leap forward for searing, roaring, face-melting sounds everywhere.
Harmonics Analog Saturation Processor highlights
- Five genuinely different component-modelled distortion sounds.
- Revolutionary ‘Dynamic Transient Control’ technology.
- ‘Amount’ knob to control the amount of saturation.
- ‘Character’ knob controls tone or color of the distortion.
- High and low cut filters can be placed before or after distortion.
- Wet/dry blend knob for parallel processing.
- THD meter allows fine control of subtle saturation.
- All of the grunt, none of the drawbacks.
- Includes presets by Joe Chiccarelli and Howard Willing.
Truly varied sounds
5 utterly distinct distortion models, each based on a different tasty analog distortion process. Tubes, transformers, zingy circuitry of all kinds.
Revolutionary ‘Dynamic Transient Control’ technology
Harmonics listens to the dynamics of the input signal, in order to maintain, increase, or control the range of the distorted signal in a way you need to hear to believe.
Low and high cut filters, parallel mix control, and THD (total harmonic drive) metering allow you to define the perfect sound for your track every time.
Guitars, vocals, drums, bass, even synths often need some extra grunt to push them over the edge, but distortion can destroy dynamics and cause more problems than it solves. Too little and your sound doesn’t cut through and fill its space. Too much and you lose the light and shade, the attack and decay. Transients blend into tails, and detail and definition go out the window.
Such is the tragic plight of the musician or mix engineer working with distortion. With Harmonics, the struggle is over!
Light it up
With Harmonics, you get much more than just five awesome-sounding analog distortion models. You also get a revolutionary new approach to handling dynamics during the process of distorting the sound. The input signal is listened to and analysed by the plug-in, allowing the dynamics and detail to be preserved and enhanced even after heavy distortion is applied.
Add to that the fact that Harmonics has five totally different-sounding component-modelled distortion styles, high and low cut filters, a parallel mix knob and more, and you end up with a very powerful secret weapon indeed.
Dynamic distortion with Harmonics
Ever spend your time adding eq, compression, and reverb to a track and still can’t get it to sit together correctly? Just like how an organ player will alter drawbars to achieve their perfect sound, dynamic Harmonic adjustments in your mix can get you the sound you need.
Glue a track, add creative distortion, brighten a dull sound, or find a way for all your tracks to complete the puzzle called mixing.
If you’ve cranked up saturation in the past to find that your dynamics fell flat, don’t worry. Not all distortion is the same and we believe your transients deserve the same respect as every other element in your mix!
Have a listen
Harmonics Analog Saturation Processor features
- Left and right VU meters for level or Total Harmonic Distortion
- Dynamic Transient Control preserves transient content and dynamic range
- 5 distortion types; Solid, Transf, Master, Tube, and Modern
- Control of Drive Amount and Drive Character
- Dry/wet mix knob
- High and low cut filters, each with three slopes to choose from, can be placed pre or post distortion
- Input and output level faders give total control over gain staging
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
No iLok Driver is required to run.
Our release loads faster and uses less memory than original.R2R