- Publisher: Softube
- Product: Intellijel Korgasmatron II
- Version: 2.5.9-R2R
- Formats: VST, VST3, AAX
- Requirements: Windows 64-bit, versions 7, 8 or 10
Taking inspiration from a classic Japanese synth, Intellijel Korgasmatron II is a dual voltage controlled filter which can also be used as a limited oscillator. Any sound passed through it comes out richer, more nuanced, more fiesty and colorful, largely due to the distortion characteristics of the resonant drive controls on each filter, and the fact that you can modulate and blend between two bold filters on settings as widely divergent as you like.
Fire it up in Softube Modular and start producing magic, from classic MS-20 type sounds to totally new territory.
Filter, oscillate, destroy
- Six filter types per filter (LP 1-pole, LP 2-pole, BP 1-pole, HP 2-pole, HP 1-pole, BR 1-pole).
- Both filters track 1v/oct over 3-4 octaves (can be used as a limited VCO).
- Switch to configure serial or parallel routing.
Have a listen
Six Modes per Side
The Korgasmatron II has two completely independent and cross-fade-able six mode filters. Two low-pass options, two high-pass, a band-pass and a band-reject. Imagine the combinations!
Range of Grit
Just like the original hardware, the Intellijel Korgasmatron II can go from clean and precise to howling and aggressive, all depending on how you tweak the front panel controls.
Far from a clone
While Korgasmatron II takes its name from a classic Japanese synth released in the early ’80s, it’s far from a clone. Korgasmatron II offers much more grit and flexibility than its predecessor.
It has a special overdrive feature that enables the output signal to be soft or hard clipped depending on how hard you drive the input signal. This is controlled via the input amp which starts clipping when you put the knob past 12 o’clock (assuming an standard 10 Vpp waveform). The hard/soft clipping differences are subtle on simple waveforms sources and dramatic on more complex sources (such as chords).
Korgasmatron II also has two completely independent six mode filter outputs; one on each side. The types are selected via a rotary switch. Combining these two filters and CV controlling their characteristics can give rise to near-endless modulation possibilities, and due to the reactive nature of the filtering process, the activity is very dependent on the input material.
Try it in Modular FX on drums, guitars, vocals, brass… anything you like… and check out the nuances and baked edges you raise.
More filtering, more fun.
Softube Intellijel Korgasmatron II in short
- Made for Modular, Softube’s Eurorack platform.
- Dual filter + Xfade
- Six filter types per filter (LP 1-pole, LP 2-pole, BP 1-pole, HP 2-pole, HP 1-pole, BR 1-pole)
- Both filters track 1v/oct over 3-4 octaves (can be used as a limited VCO)
- Switch to configure serial or parallel routing
- Output soft and hard clipping
- Resonance soft clipping control (Q drive)
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
* No iLok Driver is required to run.R2R
* Our release loads faster and uses less memory than original.