- Publisher: Softube
- Products: Weiss EQ1
- Version: 2.5.12-R2R
- Formats: VST, VST3, AAX
- Requirements: Windows 64-bit, versions 7, 8 or 10
There’s a reason Weiss Engineering’s EQ1 has been at the top of the heap since its release in 1996. The EQ1’s dazzling sonic qualities combined with its flexibility as either a Minimum Phase EQ, a Linear Phase EQ, or a Dynamic EQ have made it the must-have digital mastering equalizer. The Weiss EQ1 plug-in crystallizes that legacy—in software form.
Weiss Engineering’s go-to hardware and Softube’s workflow and ergonomic advancements combine here to stunning effect. A one-for-one, line-by-line code port of the original, the EQ1 plug-in is the latest and greatest addition to Softube’s successful partnership with Weiss Engineering. EQ1 joins DS1-MK3, MM-1, and more out-of-this-world Weiss + Softube products to prove that Swiss and Swedish engineering make a stellar pair.
A 1:1 code port of the EQ with no equal.
- A line-by-line code port boasting 1:1 accuracy of the pioneering original hardware, known as the standard of digital mastering EQs
- Increased functionality of the original algorithms, plus 32-bit / 192 kHz operation and updated ergonomics
- Easy manual recall of Presets that sound and behave exactly like they do in the hardware
- Also includes Weiss EQ MP.
Have a listen
The EQ1 plug-in is a true line-by-line port of the original SHARC assembler code. It’s an accurate replica that functions just like the original, but with added features that take it higher.
The Weiss EQ1 is the mammoth of equalizers, but we felt compelled to go further. Softube and Weiss gave the EQ1 plug-in a higher sample rate, improved ergonomics, and increased functionality.
The EQ1 plug-in lets you easily recall Presets (or Snapshots in the hardware counterpart) manually and they’ll sound and behave precisely as they do in the hardware.
Softube Weiss EQ1 includes
The thrilling sonic qualities of the Weiss EQ1, combined with its extraordinary flexibility, have made it an EQ with no equal. It has been the gold standard of digital mastering equalizers since its release in 1996. The Weiss EQ1 plug-in is a 1:1, line-by-line code port of the original hardware. With state-of-the-art additions, Weiss EQ1 solidifies the legacy of the legend in software form.
For exacting mixing applications that call for surgical equalizing and superior sound quality, the Weiss EQ MP is just what the doctor ordered. We based the EQ MP on the minimum phase algorithm of the legendary Weiss EQ1. A seven-band equalizer, like the legend itself, EQ MP is fine-tuned for pro use. Get stunning clarity in your mixes with famous EQ1 transparency and the sharpest accuracy achievable.
Weiss EQ1 features
- A line-by-line code port of the original Weiss EQ1
- Operates in Minimum Phase, Linear Phase, Dynamic and Dynamic Advanced Modes.
- 7 full-range bands with -39 to +18 db Cut/Boost range
- All 7 bands available in Dynamic Mode
- Added Attack, Release and Ratio with extended range and expanding ability
- High and Low Cut, High and Low Shelving and Peaking Incredible Q-Range of 0.2 to 650 M/S Processing, Solo/bypass individual bands and Link Channels 4 user interface layouts Up to 192kHz sample rates and, with 64-Bit internal processing
The Original and Still the Best
The original Weiss EQ1 is the stick by which all digital mastering EQs are measured. EQ1 boasts seven identical parametric bands that cover the entire audio frequency range and have an incredible Q-parameter range of 0.2 to 650. Each EQ band has Boost/Cut, Frequency, and Q/Slope knobs and operate in any of the following modes: High-shelving, Low-shelving, Peaking, High-cut, Low-cut, and Bypass. High auditory quality and functional design made the EQ1 a bestseller in 1996 and solidified its status as the top digital mastering EQ in the field going forward.
A Software Scion
An astonishingly accurate model of the hardware, the Softube + Weiss EQ1 plug-in covers all configurations and functions internally just as the original unit does. The saved Presets (or Snapshots, as they are referred to in the hardware) can easily be manually recalled to the plug-in and will sound and behave identically. The EQ1 plug-in is no pretender; it’s the real deal with extra features that make it an invaluable asset.
Raising the Bar
With every new iteration of EQ1, the standard has been set higher. The EQ1 plug-in is not an exception to this rule. Not only can you set the Threshold, but now you can also set Attack, Release, and Ratio in Advanced Dynamic Mode. The hardware allows four bands to function as dynamic bands, while the EQ1 software version kicks it into high gear and lets you activate all seven bands in Dynamic Mode. The additional components of the Weiss EQ1 plug-in have it racing ahead.
When porting the code from the original hardware, we strove to be exacting, as always. But, true to form, we didn’t stop at perfection. We added innovative features that make the workflow speedier. The Weiss EQ1 plug-in user interface is a replica of the hardware, but now it adapts depending on the setting of the four distinct user interface configurations. The knob layout changes according to which modes of the unit are activated. In this way, the parameters are available at all times—independent of what mode is chosen—making access to them simpler and faster than ever before.
Softube & Weiss: Meeting of the Minds
Weiss has been a pioneer in digital audio equipment design since 1979. That’s when Weiss founder, Daniel Weiss, joined Willi Studer AG in Switzerland as an engineer. In 1985, Weiss struck out on his own and founded Weiss Engineering with a focus on pioneering digital audio equipment for mastering studios. The result of that endeavor is now legend.
Softube’s relationship with Weiss started in 2008 when we were first introduced to Daniel Weiss. Despite having so many guiding principles in common, it wasn’t until 2015 that we got serious about working together. Three years—and some blood, sweat, and tears—later, the Softube + Weiss DS1-MK3 plug-in was unveiled to great fanfare. And the tradition continues.
- A line-by-line code port of the original Weiss EQ1, the standard-bearer of digital mastering EQs and a must-have for mastering houses worldwide
- A surgical Minimum Phase EQ, a true Linear Phase EQ, and a Dynamic EQ—all in one
- Threshold, Attack, Release and Ratio parameters available on individual bands in Dynamic Advanced Mode
- All seven bands available in Dynamic Mode
- Workflow and ergonomic advancements with four adaptable user interfaces
- Created in collaboration with—and endorsed by—Weiss Engineering
- Two plug-ins included: Weiss EQ1 and Weiss EQ MP.