- Publisher: Softube
- Product: Weiss MM-1 Mastering Maximizer
- Version: 2.5.9-R2R
- Formats: VST, VST3
- Requirements: Windows 64-bit, versions 7, 8 or 10
Based on the legendary Weiss DS1-MK3, the centerpiece of mastering studios the world over (and also now available as a Softube plug-in), we’re delighted to offer the future of fast and professional mix maximizing — the MM-1 Mastering Maximizer.
Featuring the very same algorithms as the original digital hardware unit, the MM-1 offers five flavours of limiting; transparent, loud, punch, wide, and deess; intelligently progressing as the ‘amount’ knob turns, and blendable with the mix control, to give you precisely the right amount of power over the feel of your masters.
Weiss: The gold-standard in mastering
Some brands become synonymous with their fields. They so revolutionise and define their product or process that true experts can’t see beyond them. When it comes to audio mastering, the one-and-only name is Weiss.
Since its launch in the 1990s the Weiss DS1 has become an absolute gold-standard unit, indispensable in mastering studios around the world despite a premium price tag. Its transparency, unparalleled versatility, and exceptional sound quality make it a must-have, heard (or rather not heard) on pretty much any major record you’d care to mention from the last twenty years.
Code-porting for perfection
Unlike many of our products, which are modeled component-by-component on classic analog hardware, the Weiss range is based on digital hardware. This means we’re able to get even closer than usual to the real thing by porting the code directly from the original hardware into our plug-in framework.
The DS1-MK3 is the centerpiece of many a professional mastering studio, and now with the MM-1 you need neither the budget nor the expertise of a top mastering house to get the very same sound-quality.
It’s impossible to make it sound bad
The MM-1 Mastering Maximizer is very powerful, but extremely easy to use. The five universal styles represent the five most common mastering situations for any genre of music, and are designed to improve your sound at any amount. Just turn the knob!
If needed, the parallel blend control can bring back some of the transients of the dry signal, and the built-in bypass allows for perfect A/B listening, so when you finally crank the limiter gain you can be confident you’re getting the best sound possible.
Weiss MM-1 Mastering Maximizer Features
- Simple interface controlling detailed expert mastering processes.
- Five flavors of loudness available.
- Contains the very same technology as the legendary hardware mastering processor, the Weiss DS1-MK3.
- Fully licensed and endorsed by Daniel Weiss himself.
- Great for maximizing your mix-bus quickly and effectively.
- Go as loud as you want without sacrificing desirable tone and dynamics.
- Impossible to get it wrong. Be the master of your own masters!
- NKS-ready: Integrates with Native Instruments hardware and software. Plug-in parameters and presets can be controlled from Komplete Kontrol and Maschine.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
* No iLok Driver is required to run.R2R
* Our release loads faster and uses less memory than original.