- Publisher: TBProAudio
- Product: DSEQ
- Version: 1.3.0
- Format: VST, VST3, RTAS
- Bit Depth: 32-bit and 64-bit
- Operating System: Windows XP or newer
TBProAudio DSEQ is a dynamic equalizer VST (Virtual Studio Technology) plugin for Windows. DSEQ runs as a VST, VST3, and RTAS plugin. DSEQ VST plugin can be used with all major digital audio workstations (DAW) including Ableton Live, Logic Pro, Cubase, Pro Tools, and others.
DSEQ is a dynamic processor working within the frequency domain.DSEQ is removing digital harshness on the fly because of self-adjusting frequency bands.
DSEQ are often utilized in all mix and master situations:
- de-essing vocals
- taming resonances in e.g. drum, guitar, vocal recordings
- removing digital harshness
- balancing the combination
- de-masking frequency regions
- support of pink noise mixing/mastering
- DSEQ works fully within the frequency domain, providing very high-frequency selectivity because of self-adjusting dynamic equalizers. DSEQ does its job with the highest transparency even pushed hard. This avoids distortion, phasing, and artifacts even with very critical sound material. And DSEQ offers several quality modes taming even singular frequencies.
On top DSEQ provides a really easy to use interface. With just a couple of parameters (threshold, selectivity, and attack/release) a broad range of applications is often covered. Even the initial parameter set could make your mix more transparent. Just pick the edge parameter and lower it step by step. From there you’ll start that specialize in specific frequency regions by using the pre-filters.
On top DSEQ comes with AB-LM Lite providing perceptual loudness matching.
Interactive EQ display
The main EQ/spectrum display which allows you to monitor the delta spectrum (input minus output) spectrum and adjusts the pre-filter response curve.
DSEQ analyses the input or side chain signal within the frequency domain and triggers then the dynamic equalizers counting on the edge. this is often finished each singular frequency that’s available during the Fast Fourier Transformation (FFT).
The frequency selectivity determines whether and to what extent neighboring frequencies also are affected. Attack and Release control of how quickly the dynamic equalizers react.
The slope parameter allows you to turn the spectrum of the input or side chain signal before going into the dynamic equalizers. With a positive slope value, the dynamic equalizers with higher frequencies trigger earlier, with lower frequencies later. Just set the slope value to +3dB if you’re employed witch the pink noise mixing/mastering method.
DSEQ works normally within the entire frequency range. you’ll limit the effect to certain frequency regions (e.g. highs for de-essing). Therefore, the signal for the dynamic equalizers is often processed using pre-filters. DSEQ offers various filter types like cut, peak, and shelf filters. The filter sensitivity determines how strongly the signal is recognized by the dynamic equalizers.
- smooth linear phase dynamic filter
- full frequency range processing, 10Hz – 22kHz
- 4 different quality modes: eco, normal, high and ultra
- left/right and mid/side processing
- the global slope for detector signal (e.g. pink noise mixing/mastering)
- 12 independent pre-filter bands
- New: limit of gain reduction
- side-chain support
- multiple signal monitoring modes (pre-filter, delta, side chain)
- multiple spectrum analyzing modes (stereo, left, right, mid, side)
- perceptual loudness matching (powered by AB-LM Lite)
- extended input/output meter, Peak/RMS/EBU/VU
- narrow-band sweeping mode
- sample exact A/B toggle for all processing modes
- sample rates min. up to 192 kHz
- “real” oversampling, up to 4x
- EQ cheat sheets
- precise parameter input
- easy to use GUI
- GUI resize up to 2x
- preset management
- New: parameter A/B
- full DAW automation support
- 64-bit internal processing
- very efficient CPU usage design
- NEW: continuous spectrum slope calculation
- UPDATE: changed quality/OS calibration from DIRAC back to noise (V1.1.0)
- UPDATE: response curve drawing optimized