- Tokyo Dawn Records
- TDR Kotelnikov – Gentleman’s Edition
- VST2, VST3, AAX
- Windows XP SP2 or above
TDR Kotelnikov – Gentleman’s Edition by Tokyo Dawn Records is a VST (Virtual Studio Technology) wideband dynamics processor effect plugin for Windows XP SP2 or above. TDR Kotelnikov GE runs as a VST Plugin, an VST2 plugin, an VST3 plugin and an AAX Plugin. TDR Kotelnikov – Gentleman’s Edition VST plugin can be used with all major digital audio workstations (DAW) including Live, Logic, Cubase, Pro Tools and others.
TDR Kotelnikov GE a wideband dynamics processor combining hi-fi dynamic range control with deep musical flexibility. As a descendant of the venerable TDR Feedback Compressor product family, TDR Kotelnikov GE has directly inherited several unique features like a proven control scheme, individual release control for peak and RMS content, an intuitive interface , and powerful, state of the art, high-precision algorithms.
With a sonic signature best described as “stealthy”, TDR Kotelnikov GE has the power to control the dynamic range by dramatic amounts, while carefully preserving the first tone, timbre and punch of a musical signal. As such, it’s perfectly suited to stereo bus compression also as other critical applications.
The “Gentleman’s Edition” (GE) adds several improvements to the quality edition’s feature set. the foremost obvious being an intuitive access to varied equal loudness workflows, the power to specify ratio during a frequency dependent manner, also as a strong sidechain high-pass filter allowing continuously variable access over slope and frequency. The Yin/Yang functions allow manipulating the harmonic pattern produced during compression, and therefore the “insane” quality mode increases processing fidelity even further.
TDR Kotelnikov GE doesn’t attempt to to emulate any previously available device. The concept may be a proud digital processor, it’s the original!
TDR Kotelnikov GE specs and features
- 64bit multi-rate processing structure for highest accuracy
- “Delta” oversampled signal path (bit transparent at 0dB gain reduction)
- Super fast, yet natural sounding compression
- “Crest factor” based control scheme offering independent release controls for peak and RMS events
- Flexible sidechain highpass filter offering continuously variable control over slope and frequency
- Advanced stereo linking options optimized for the stereo bus
- Delta preview (difference between compressed and original signal)
- Latency compensated parallel bypass (i.e. processing not interrupted)
- Extensive documentation
- User interface rescaling (100%, 125%, 150%)
The Gentleman’s Edition adds following features:
- External sidechain input
- Inertia timing mode
- Continuously variable control over “low relax” slope
- Left/Right sensitivity
- Powerful frequency dependent ratio function (FDR)
- Gain reduction limit control
- Yin/Yang modes (manipulates the compressor’s own distortion behaviour)
- Equal loudness output gain trimming
- Equal loudness bypass
- Additional quality modes “Insane” and “Live” (low latency)
- New “Advanced” stereo linking mode
- 10 additional user preset slots
The plugin plays in the same league like some great hardware like the stc8 & titanDan Suter (mastering engineer)
Wow this plug in compressor is on par with hardware compressors. It is clean and at the same time it sits the mix and everything just sounds betterGlenn Buccy (audio engineer)
This is one of the first software compressors that doesn’t annoy me on program… Very nice!Michael Hynes (mastering engineer)