- Publisher: XILS-lab
- Product: XILS 505
- Version: 1.0.1-R2R
- Formats: VST, AAX
- Requirements: Windows 7 or higher
XILS 505 is a Paraphonic Strings, Synthesizer, Bass Synth. It’s a String Machine. It’s a Synthesizer. It’s a Bass Synth. And it can be all three simultaneously, which is why the original unit was advertised as ‘The Analog Orchestra!” We also added a Vintage Analog Human Choir Machine (as an alternative oscillator source for the Synthesizer section) and made it possible to access numerous hidden parameters of the vintage String Machine model.
The X-505 offers all the layering and tweaking possibilities of its glorious ancestor, including its precious balance between the Strings registers, and precise balance for all the inputs of the quadruple (yes 4!) BBD Chorus unit. More: Many hidden parameters are now exposed, and available to tweak, in the unique X-505 panels for a much wider sound palette. A juicy sounding analog Phaser and the vintage Reverb round out this awesome package.
XILS 505 Features:
- Oscillator: The mother of all sources! One faithfully emulated, aliasing free, TOD (Top Octave Divider) Oscillator providing up to 49 voices of polyphony
- A String Section, with it’s own filter, Waveform mangling, AR settings,
- A Synthesiser Section with dedicated ADSR, 24db Analog Filter with envelope and LFO modulations, various sound sources (Rocker switches) and the Second Touch special retrigger feature.
- A Human Voice Section with custom formant and balance settings.
- A Bass Section with three cumulative waveforms. Each waveform can be filtered in the BASS panel.
- One Main LFO to control the Vibrato. And another LFO freely assignable in the Modulation Matrix
- Several Envelope Parameters for each section. A global ADSR for the Synth Section. And still another DADSR envelope assignable in the Modulation Matrix
- A thick sounding quadruple BBD Chorus/Ensemble unit. ( Each section has it’s own send level)
- A raw Analog Phaser effect. A Vintage Natural sounding reverb. A True Stereo Space effect.
- A Modulation Matrix, with 6 nodes addressing 14 sources and 24 destinations with access to many secret hardware parameters.
- A special Glide Section
- And finally, all parameters can be controlled via MIDI CC in your Daw (or Live)