- Publisher: XILS-lab
- Product: XILS V+
- Version: 1.5.1-R2R
- Formats: VST, AAX
- Requirements: Windows 7 or higher
The XILS V+ offers a Vintage 10 band Vocoder, Supreme Top Octave Divider based Strings and Human Voices, and offers sophisticated layering of these three elements.
For many years, this wonderfully versatile machine has been used by some of the greatest names in the world of music and, since the advent of the virtual instrument plugin, devotees of the computer music world have been waiting longingly to have it as part of their sound arsenal. Now the wait is over!
After more than a year of intense modeling, deep in the basement of the Xils Laboratories, we now offer you this complete recreation of a legend. Its unique vintage vibe and classic looks can only be brought back to life by precisely emulating long forgotten techniques.
T.O.D: The Top Octave Divider Oscillator provides a unique sound that no samples, or other simple synthesis techniques can reproduce. Emulating the T.O.D, without any aliasing on the whole frequency range, with its pitch and waveform modulation, was a real challenge, worthy of XILS-lab. We are very proud of this effort and offer it to you for your inspiration and enjoyment.
XILS-lab touch: The XILS V+ would not, however, be a real XILS-lab instrument if we did not add many functions and possibilities that were not present in the original machine, some giving access to its internal circuitry and parameters and some being totally new.
“T.O.D and Beyond”, following the Analog and Beyond tradition XILS-lab initiated a long time ago.
So how close did XILS-lab get to recreating this legend? Judge for yourself by watching the A/B comparison video and listening to the Audio demos. You will not be disappointed!
The XILS V+ features the exact same possibilities as its famous hardware predecessor but offers a lot more. While a lot of parameters were hidden under the roof of the original hardware, XILS-lab put them on the front panel for a wider range of sound possibilities.
The XILS V+ Features:
- A finely tweaked and emulated Top Octave Divider aliasing-free Oscillator, providing up to 49 voices of polyphony.
- Access to many parameters, which its hardware model kept secretly hidden under its roof.
- A Strings Section.
- A Human Voice Section.
- A 10 band Vocoder.
- A virtual keyboard (from which notes can be saved in your presets).
- An advanced Stereo Space effect.
- A simple but nice sounding Reverb effect.
- An analog-like resonant Phaser effect.
- Up to 6 free assignable modulation nodes, with up to 14 sources and 24 destinations.
- A special Glide function.
- A finely tweak analog-like pitch tracker.
- All parameters are MIDI controllable.