- Publisher: Strezov Sampling
- Product: JADE Ethnic Orchestra
- Requirements: Native Instruments Kontakt Player or Kontakt FULL v5.7.1 and higher!
The biggest collection of Chinese and Mongolian virtual instruments out there. A unique and breathtaking collection featuring some of the best Chinese musicians recorded in their country with state of the art equipment and a deep sampling approach with up to 4 dynamic layers. An Ethnic Chinese Orchestra, Percussion Section, two Choirs and more all in one package.
We learned so much about ethnic instruments when we sampled Balkan Ethnic Orchestra in 2017. After spending three years refining our sampling process Strezov Sampling finally brings to you the next product in our Ethnic series. Being inspired by the special sound of Chinese instruments and Mongolian singers we decided it’s hightime to create an inspiring instrument in that area filling a huge gap in today’s virtual instrument landscape.
Comprised of over 50 instruments spread across more than 100 instrument patches, Jade Ethnic Orchestra gives you the option to choose between multiple categories, such as Bowed Strings Ensembles, Bowed Strings Solo, Plucked Strings, Voices, Woodwinds, Percussion (based on our X3M engine) and stemmed out sound-designed pads created especially for the library by Lyubomir Goshev. The library was co-produced by composer and multiinstrumentalist Seth Tsui, who conducted and recorded the sessions in Beijing, China.
JADE Ethnic Orchestra is a huge collection of Asian ethnic instruments. Most of the sampled instruments originate from China, but along with them we have included others, like the Hoomai men choir, the Mongolian Longsong Quartet, Moorin-Khuur, the Shakuhachi and many others Asia is to be proud of. A detailed list of the library’s content, a thorough description of the instruments and other technical info can be found at the end of this manual.
JADE Ethnic Orchestra overview
- approx. 220 GB uncompressed content (compressed content size is TBA!)
- Instant Ethnic sound inspired by Chinese film soundtrack classics
- Over 50 instruments in the biggest collection of sampled Chinese and Mongolian instruments
- All content recorded with multiple Round-Robins and within multiple dynamic layers
- 3 mic positions – Close & Decca (Tweak Tone Labs), Hall (a “chamber” reverb, tracked in Sofia Session Studio) + custom convolution reverb
- True legato sampling for all instruments
- The powerful Syllabuilder engine with CONNECT and MORPH modes that allow you to create your own sample content within Kontakt, along with never-before sampled sounds like the Mongolian Hoomai singers and the Longsong Quartet
- Ability to Load and Save your lyrics, built-in preset manager
- The X3M Engine powering the percussion section for maximum flexibility and customization options
- Integrated Help
- Additional functions like “Velocity Dynamic Influencer”, polyphonic true-legato known from Strezov Sampling’s acclaimed choirs and Afflatus Series