- Publisher: Reason Studios & Meeker FX
- Product: CB-5 Circuit-Bent Wind Synthesizer
- Version: 1.0.0-DECiBEL
- Format: Reason Rack Extension
- Requirements: You need R2R Reason release and TEAM R2R Reason Rack Extension Cache Builder
Circuit-Bending is the creative, chance-based customization of the circuits within electronic devices to create new musical or visual instruments and sound generators.
The CB-5 was born from a classic vintage instrument, the Casio SK-1, taken into the lab and circuit-bent. It was opened up, adding switches and hard-wiring new controls that transformed it into a tone monster. Once completed, it was multi-sampled into tube mic preamps. The switches and knobs caused the instrument to produce new textures, drones and multi-sampled pitches. The flute and voice sounds that were produced were analyzed, mapped, tuned, and looped to create CB-5, a more flexible instrument in the digital realm. Additional flexibility was added: an AMP envelope, a Modulation envelope, 3 types of Filters, a Low Frequency Oscillator, and an effects engine with compression, distortion, chorus, delay, and reverb.
The CB-3 comes with over 100 patches and combinators, featuring a range of sound design to create music ranging from moody 80s soundtrack, video game chip, dubstep grime, afro funk, or anything in-between.
- wind samples from circuit-bent instruments
- flexible parameters and effects
- expertly crafted patches and sound design