- Publisher: Sampleson
- Product: Markus 88
- Version: 1.5.2 RETAiL-FLARE
- Formats: VST, AU
- Requirements: Windows 7 SP 1 or later
MARKUS 88 is a Spectral modeled Stage 88 EP. MARKUS 88 is the first Spectral Modeled Electric Piano based on real samples entirely rebuilt by modeling. Offering the real sound and feel of a Stage EP in just 25MB.
SPECTRAL MODELED ELECTRIC PIANO
We decoded and analyzed a vintage electric piano sinewaves spectrum for every note and every velocity, and recreated it manually. When you play a note on Markus, the exact same sound for the original instrument will be generated (no samples involved)
And we did it manually. Every single harmonic was tuned by ear. Like in acoustic piano tuning, the final touch is always made manually, and no tuning software or algorithm is able to replace that.
DECODING THE ELECTRIC PIANO GENOME
Every sound in nature is a complex spectrum of harmonics. The combination of those harmonics makes every sound unique and easy to be identified by humans. Doing the reverse engineering for finding the harmonics that makes a tine-based electric piano sound like a tine-based electric piano is a complex task. We disassembled tine-based electric piano timbre into the minimal parts a sound can be split. And reassembled into a fully expressive virtual instrument.
WHAT’S NEW ON VERSION 1.5?
This is more than an update. We redesigned the entire harmonic spectrum and behaviors. Bells are more natural, low range is darker and overall velocity responses were improved.
- MacOS Catalina ready.
- New harmonic spectrum.
- Improved response on low velocities.
- Improved inharmonics on low frequencies.
- Re-designed release noises.
- Fixed channel’s gain fluctuations.
- CPU efficiency fixes.
Markus 88 DETAILS
- 88 Notes EP.
- No player (like Kontakt, UVI, etc) or any other 3rd. party host needed.
- Ready to be loaded into major DAWs (Cubase, Logic Pro, GarageBand, Cakewalk, Reaper, BitWig, Nuendo, FLstudio, etc)
- No layer switching (Smooth velocity curve).
- Recreated from real electric piano sound spectrum
- Preamp, Reverb and Phaser FX included.
- Bells and Releases controls.
- Adjustable non-linear velocity (changes harmonic behavior)
- Win 32/64 bits and Mac VST/AU/Standalone versions included
- MacOS Catalina ready.
- Just 25MB installed.
- No library installation required.
- No online activation required.
- No 3rd party software/player needed.
- Compatible with major DAWs.