- Publisher: Reason Studios & Softube
- Product: Softube Tube-Tech Classic Channel
- Version: 2.1.55-DECiBEL
- Format: Reason Rack Extension
- Requirements: You need R2R Reason release and TEAM R2R Reason Rack Extension Cache Builder
Tube-Tech Classic Channel by Softube is not your everyday channel strip, with a surgical equalizer and fast bus compressor. The Classic Channel is a vintage style and warm sounding channel strip which consists of the most famous and classic Tube-Tech gear: The “Pultec” equalizer PE 1C, the mid-range equalizer ME 1B and the tube driven opto compressor CL 1B.
With the two Pultec-style equalizers, you can shape the sound of a track, a bus or a mix within seconds. The highs sound smooth and gentle, the mid-range airy and focused, and the lows full and fat, almost at any setting. Add the final touch with the CL 1B compressor, versatile but with a distinct personality. Forget about precise and minute tweaks with 0.1 dB read-outs. The Classic Channel is about the good sound, and the way to get there is easy. Just turn the knobs and you’ll see.
Combining the three units in a single plug-in makes adjustments easier, as you will often find that the compressor affects the equalizers and vice versa. By default, the sound passes the equalizers before the compressor, but you can easily put the compressor first with a single switch.
– Combines Tube-Tech CL 1B Compressor, Tube-Tech ME 1B Mid-Range Equalizer and Tube-Tech PE 1C “Pultec” Equalizer into one single plugin
- Individual bypass for each of the three units saves CPU
- Place the equalizers first and the compressor last or vice versa
- Classic Tube-Tech sound, created together with the designers at Tube-Tech
- Each and every component carefully modeled
- Modeled output transformer
- Extremely analog behavior of frequencies, phase, distortion, attack, release, etc
- Two EQs and one Compressor. Easy user interface with four panels.
Quotes and reviews
“Tube-Tech Classic Channel is in my opinion the very best plug-in emulation of a real hardware unit. It shines on lead vocals and acoustic guitars.”
Koen Heldens, multi-platinum award-winning mixing engineer for Beyoncé, Lil Wayne, Missy Elliott and Timbaland on his resumé.
“The CL 1B is a true compressor for all seasons. I found it perfect for any individual track from bass to vocals to drums because it is precisely adjustable and able operate perfectly for any kind of dynamic control from transparent and subtle to more typical compression chores with 2 to 6dB of peak compression and then all the way to major audio clamping with a striking, and colorful character. It’s a big winner for me and is a major player in all my mixes from now on!”
Barry Rudolph, MIX Magazine
“It’s a unique processor for bottom and top end treatments and its sound is so warm that sprinkling a little PE 1C onto vocal parts or using it more comprehensively on bottom-heavy content will allow you to produce results unattainable with regular EQs.”
Resident Advisor, Magazine
*There are barely words to describe what I think about the CL1B plugin. The sonics are outstanding.”
Tony Shepperd, Producer/Mixer/Engineer for Madonna, Faith Hill, Whitney Houston, Lionel Richie, Elton John, Back Street Boys, etc.